Sunday 24 January 2010

TWO MONTHS!

I cannot believe it's been two months since I last posted an entry!

I was up early this morning and have been going through some old friend's blogs, I've missed so much! I do like to read what's going on in other people's lives, is that being nosey?!

I have something going on every day this week, today Peter's daughter is coming with her little 2 year old, she lives just outside Southend so we don't get to see her very often, I think Rhiannon will probably come too so she can see her while she's here. Tomorrow I'm going to see daughter #2's (Lorraine) new flat, we'll be measuring up for curtains and carpets etc and when she moves in I'll be staying over for a couple of days or so to help her unpack, I'm looking forward to that! We've already seen the flat and it's beautiful, brand new and so much better than where she lives now.

On Wednesday, I'm meeting my aunt for shopping and lunch and then my 12 year old grandson Joe will be coming here after school because his mum has to go to work that day, I'll make dinner for them all so that she doesn't have to cook when she gets home. On Thursday I'm looking after Rhiannon's little 2 year old Rico while she sees the surgeon about her forth-coming operation, I hope she doesn't have to wait too long for that.

Then on Friday Peter will be working in the morning and in the afternoon we'll be driving down to Wantage in Oxfordshire, and staying at our usual B & B for the night. It's my Dad's sister's birthday this week so we'll take her out for the day on Saturday, she's lovely, and we don't see her nearly enough. We'll be driving back on Saturday evening because on Sunday we'll have a visit from my penfriend of over 45 years!

When I was younger I worked for a company that was owned by a Czechoslovakian glass company and the country always fascinated me, I saw Irena in the penfriend section of a teenage music magazine and we liked the same singers so I got in touch. She has been over and stayed with me quite a few times and we then lost touch for about nine years when I moved, a friend-of-a-friend of hers managed to find me through the electoral roll and we're now back in touch again. Her daughter is studying at the Royal College of Music in London and she'll be over next week to stay to visit her, I can't wait to see her again, the last time I saw her was early last year.

Well I think I've rambled on long enough, time to get myself moving and make a start on the jobs for today!

Have a good day!

Pat x

8 comments:

LYN said...

AHHH WANTAGE...I REMEMBER IT WELL! I MISS OXFORDSHIRE!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

You are having a busy time of it but all good things so that is wonderful. Seeing family and friends is always good. How great you've kept in touch with your friend for so long.

Jan said...

Great to see you blogging again busy as ever I see with the family ,so nice to meet up with your old friend again ..love Jan xx

Barbara In Caneyhead said...

Hope you're still enjoying yourself!

Ally Lifewithally said...

Pat time goes by so quickly ~ Nice to see an entry from you even if it is an old one :o) ~ Ally x

DB said...

Stopping by to say hello and to thank you for your nice comment on my last entry.

DB - The Vagabond
dbdacoba@aol.com

Linda's World said...

Hi Pat, in going down thru Blogs (on this anniversary) I found you. It's been a long time since you posted also. FB has ruined us! Well not ruined but certainly changed our lives. I'm going to try and post a Blog entry once a week...we'll see if that happens.

Linda's World said...

So here it is almost a year later, and look what I found. You haven't posted for a VERY long time. I've done a few lately and am now sharing my Blog entries with those author's I was telling you about. I'll send you the link to that Blog when I get up Wednesday morning.